Thursday 29 December 2011

Twenty 12


Poster from the movie 2012

According to Maya Calender 2012 is the year that the world ends – or some feel it could mark the start of a whole new spiritual and enlightened era.
Either way, the new year is here, a whole 12 months full of opportunities, dreams and inspiration – or just over 11 months to doomsday... we better make it a good one eh?!

I am not so good with new year resolutions, I think because usually they are too general. I need specific goals and plans. And yet top of my list this year, as it was last year is:
To Make Myself Happy.

Strange I know, vague of course and selfish – most definitely.
But you see I have this awful problem, as I believe many of us do for relying on other people to make us happy.
And they cant. No matter how much we push them.

A little me time, some pampering, reading, writing, watching old movies, listening to classical music. It is always the little things that bring a smile to our faces.
This year – do them, I hope to. Forget about the washing up – schedule your time in. Don't change your plans to suit someone else, be selfish, smile.

Will you be making New Year resolutions on January1?

But to be more specific and goal driven I have decided to instead of making plans for the whole years based on a five minute whim on New Years Eve I will make out a month by month plan.
Pick five things and stick to it all month. And if I don't succeed (“get away negative and realistic voices”) then I can try all over again the next month, add to and take away as I please.
(Lists are one of the things that make me happy...!)

A little 'To list' for 2012
(c)fifiheavey
Make a start on my award winning book is in there somewhere in 2012, as is going on more adventures, taking more photos, seriously trying to make some head way with the family tree, reading, writing, and getting out in the fine country air.

Travel plans are also well underway, I have adventures lined up for the first six months of the year and can't wait to get out and do them.

So out with the old and in with the new and as Oprah Winfrey once said “Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right.”


Are you looking forward to 2012 - anything big planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment