Wednesday 30 September 2015

Escape to the 'Spathroom' this Winter

My snapchat to my hubby
I admit it, I love Winter. 
I love the long dark nights, the howling wind and the bitter cold because it means layers of clothes, socks, cosy fires and baths.

Baths really come into their own during the Winter (forget about Autumn in Ireland we have two seasons Winter and Spring!), slipping into a hot bath of bubbles and scents, surrounded by flickering candles and a basket of pampering goodies is hard to justify in the bright Summer evenings.

But after battling, wind, rain, hail, sleet and snow to get home, a hot bath is not only justified, it is deserved. You deserve a little pampering.

Turn your drab bathroom into a 'Spathroom', escape and experience beauty rituals from around the globe.

A bath can be a lot of effort and many I know just don't feel it is worth the time and preparation. But take my advice it is, you need this time, the effort the relaxation.

Fill the bath with lots of bubbles!

Tips for the perfect Spa home experience:
1. Hand over the baby monitor and any other responsibilities to your other half. You need to lock that bathroom door for at least 40 mins UNINTERRUPTED.
2. Set the scene - Have your robe and towel warming on the radiator, light some scented candles, get some relaxing music on your phone/ music player.
3. Have a basket/ box armful of goodies to use for your bath - bubble bath, salts, essential oils, facial mask, hail oils etc find those Christmas gift sets from last year!
4. If you don't like a hot bath use a water temperature - those with babies should have one to hand - so useful. Don't forget a glass of water (or wine) - a warm bath can make you thirsty!
5. Submerge, breathe, clear your mind, relax. (I like to add some classical music too)

My Favourite Bath products:

Body Shop Japanese Camellia Cream
The Body Shop - no longer the cheap and cheerful option, their new  Spa of the World range really is exquisite. The Dead Sea Salt Scrub (€34) gently exfoliates my skin without being too coarse or harsh, this big tub should last you a lifetime of baths. Likewise the large Japanese Camellia Cream (€39) smells divine and feels velvet smooth on my skin. It is pure luxury - just buy it.


Yankee Candles - I know there are a million different candle products, but for me the price, quality and scent of Yankee Candles are hard bet. My current love is for: A Child's Wish
Spa Sanctuary 5 minute Thermal Detox Mask - it warms and then cools on the skin (thanks how I know it is working) before you rinse it off.

Kerastase Age Recharge Mask (€36)
Kerastase Age Recharge Hair Mask - smells good, easy to use and leaves my hair smooth and silky. For a red head with course hair this is no easy feat - so this comes highly recommended.

Johnsons Bedtime Baby Bath - yes the lavender smelling bath lotion to help babies (and adults) go sleepy sleepy. You are probably not going to rave or tackle any chores after your bath so why not slip under the duvet and into a deep slumber.





No comments:

Post a Comment